“I like candles. It helps cover up for the fact that I have four male roommates”
We know you are a good person so it must be jealousy and envy, yeah? And you can’t wait to move out, after all there is no place like home, right? Well, let’s examine why you might not be as cute as you think you are.
1) Cleanliness is next to godliness: You saw it, remove it. You dropped it, pick it up!
2) Sacrifices are sometimes better than compromises- especially if you aren’t paying. (Welcome to adulthood). Learn to take cold showers rather than hot ones.
3) Be outspoken. Stop using passive aggression and “hints”. You know you’re doing it, stop it! You’ll come off manipulative and that’s not a good look. If you both need to be somewhere at 10, say “We should be at so-so place at 10, please let’s make it happen”, rather than banging pots and spoons at 9:50.
4) Some people will never clean but will be the first to take out the plate immediately after it’s been washed or rush into the toilet to “launch” it after a cleaning… no matter how much ‘play -play you take do am’, you are evil.
5) Is the detergent finished? Toilet paper? Drinking Water? Buy it back. Even if you’re a guest staying for a week, don’t just use…replace too.
6) Everyone is selfish. Act in the best interests of others as much as is possible. Listen to what your housemate is saying and when they complain about their pet peeves to others, don’t always take it personal but as a learning experience for better living. So also listen to what they aren’t saying.
WORD: As much as it’s within your power, live at peace with everyone. Power is undeniable when fewer people can make your veins pop.
What other reason can make your Housemate hate you? Tell us in the comments section.
*Tag someone you want to see this!